Quick, fresh, Yummy! Smoothies are a food trend that saves the day for us health enthusiast who needs an on the go treat to keep us going through the day. A good smoothie with the perfect mix to go with your preferences can be a great companion in your weight loss journey or just a healthy snack in the middle of the day to recharge you without weighing you down (no pun intended) with all those unhealthy carbs and fats.
Now here is a recipe using some of the best ingredients for your health:
BANANA, WATERMELON, AND BERRIES SMOOTHIE (2 servings):
- 1 frozen Banana
- 1/2 cup of mixed frozen berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries…)
- 1 cup of natural apple juice
- 1/2 of chopped watermelon
- 1 tbsp of crushed pistachios
- 1 tbsp of crushed walnuts
Throw the banana, berries and the apple juice into the mixer. Once it’s pureed, add in the watermelon and blend again. Pour it in a cup then add the crushed nuts on top for some crunch, and there you go!
KEEP THIS IN MIND:
Smoothies won’t just be notorious for your body and keep your stomach full but might also help you with boosting your metabolism. Here are a few components you might want to keep in your kitchen to help you with your metabolism:
- Nuts: they’re all good for your health no matter how you consume them (preferably raw). They contain an amino acid called L-arginine along with healthy fats and proteins. These elements will help you burn more fat when taken before a workout.
- Berries: not only delicious and sweet, but berries also contain low sugar percentage and a lot of anti-oxidants as well as blood pressure balancing properties.
- Grapefruit: they’re great for helping your body burning fat thanks to phytochemicals that will produce adiponectin.
- Green or white tea: unlike coffee, tea is a light caffeine drink to boost your energy while providing anti-oxidants that will push your liver to convert the fats and burn them.
- Spinach and leafy greens: provide many vitamins and rich in fibers.
- Whole grains: incredibly full and rich with fibers which eventually help you stay full for long hours.
- Avocado: definitely good for combating cholesterol and that annoying belly fat. Avocadoes contain a lot of vitamin B6 and provide healthy fats.
- Cinnamon: a great spice that can act as anti-oxidant and helps with blood pressure issues.
- Watermelon and tomatoes: contain a large amount of water which makes them great for hydration. They also contain Vitamin A and help with minimizing fat storage, plus they’re good for the heart.
- Pears and apples: sweet and yummy. They’re full of fibers that keep full.
- Grapes: full of fibers and water.
- Celery: needs more energy to digest so it is going to speed up the fat burning process. Also rich in fibers!
- Dark chocolate: contains large amounts of polyphenols which help in burning fat (use 70% +)
Remember a healthy smoothie must always contain only natural ingredients. Naturally, you can’t add any processed sweeteners or ingredients, and of course, keep up with a good workout routine and balanced healthy meals.