How To Make A Frozen Fruit Smoothie
With all this summer heat, Smoothies are great alternatives to ice cream. In addition to being nutritious, they’re very refreshing, delicious and better yet… easy to make !
Just like regular smoothies, the Frozen ones allow you to choose your own combo, you just need to make sure you freeze the fruit you’re going to be using beforehand and get ready to experience an explosion of fresh flavors in your mouth that will travel across your chest and cool you down like nothing could.
Some combos work better than others though, but don’t worry, we’ll share with you our secret recipes and help you choose the best ones based on our humble experience.
For a creamy and soft mix, bananas and berries are your friend !
For an edgier, more on the tart side taste, substitute bananas with mango, you’ll notice a big change
I’ve listed down below 3 easy steps that you can follow to make your own frozen smoothie :
Let’s assume you’ve chosen your combo by now. Slice up your base fruit and put it in the freezer for about half an hour.
- Lay out your tools and ingredients
Let’s start with the ingredients, for the first combo, you will need :
- 1 banana
- 2 cups of frozen berries (of any kind) or cherries
- 1 cup of milk (dairy or non dairy), or any fruit juice if you prefer
- ½ cup of orange juice
- ½ cup of plain or vanilla yogurt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of honey or sugar (optional)
For the second combo, use mango instead of banana
Here are some extra tips to help you take your frozen smoothie to the next level :
- Add some spinach or kale for a healthier and more nutritious smoothie.
- Throw in some flax seeds. They’re known for containing omega-3s – a healthy fat that’s crucial for our brain, heart function and general well-being.
- To top it off, throw in some extra flavors like Vanilla extract, fresh mint, cinnamon… you won’t regret it !
- Directions :
Take out your blender, pour in the liquids first to avoid damaging the blades, then throw in the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix and Blend
Blend well until the mixture becomes all smooth and creamy, then serve in a big glass. You can even save some for later. And voilà ! Your treat is ready to be devoured.
I personally love this recipe and make it several times a week. It’s a life saver during the hot days of summer. And the best part is you can play around with the flavors as you please. At the end they all blend well together.
Now that I’ve shared my secret with you, you no longer have any excuse to not make this wonder ! It’s fast, easy, nutritious and very refreshing, a.k.a. the perfect snack to help get you through the hottest days. You’re welcome !