I, for once, am a GIANT fan of smoothies. They’re easy to drink, delicious, and are basically giant cups of vitamins we all need. No matter what you combine, milk, water, cheese, fruits, veggies, or even nuts, they make for perfect snacks between meals and you don’t need to beg your children to have them, because THEY will beg you to make them!
The kid-friendly smoothie recipes below are amazing because they are easy to make, rich with vitamins, and most importantly, delicious enough for your children to love them!
Banana Berry Smoothie
- 1 medium banana
- 2/3 cup mixed berries, frozen
- 2 teaspoons of chia seeds
- 1/3 cup greek yoghurt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Slice the banana
- Place all the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until thick and creamy
- Pour mixture into glasses and serve.
Sunshine Orange Smoothie
- 1 orange
- 1 banana
- 250ml / 1 cup orange juice
- 250g / 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- handful of ice
- Peel the orange and add it to a blender with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blitz until smooth and serve immediately.
You can keep this smoothie in the fridge for up to 12 hours, but as with all smoothies, it’s much more delicious to have right away!
Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 & 1/2 cups water
- 2–3 dates
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 – 2 T cocoa (to taste)
- 2 cups frozen cherries
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 T almond butter (optional)
- Add all non-frozen ingredients to blender and blend well. If your dates are not super soft, soaking them in hot water prior to blending will make them blend much more easily. (Don’t forget to remove the pits!)
- Add the frozen fruit little by little and blend till creamy. Add additional liquid if necessary, depending on the amount of frozen ingredients your blender can handle.
Creamy Cashew Green Smoothie
- 1 orange, peeled
- 2 cups greens (I use one each of spinach and kale)
- 1 cup mlk (dairy or alternative)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews
- 2 cups frozen mangoes (or sub frozen peaches/pineapple)
- 2 medjool dates
- Soak cashews for 1 hour. Drain off water.
- If dates are not soft, soak in boiling water to soften.
- Place all ingredients other than mangoes into blender.
- Blend until smooth with no large bits of greens left.
- Add mangoes and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve fresh and enjoy!
Chocolate Banana Breakfast Smoothie
- 200ml milk (Cow’s, Almond, etc)
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp oats
- 1 tsp cocoa
- 4–6 ice cubes
Put all the ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth. You can add more or less milk depending on how thick you like your smoothie. Drink immediately or keep it in the fridge for up to 12 hours (and make sure to shake it before you drink it!).
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- 600ml / 2 cups milk
- 1 large banana
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- handful of spinach
- optional: honey / maple syrup / date syrup
Add all the ingredients to your blender and blitz until smooth. Serve immediately, over ice if you like it cold!
- 1 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup cashews (must be unsalted, can be roasted or raw)
- 2-3 dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2.5 cups milk or dairy alternative
Eas: put everything in your blender and BLEND!